[CIG-LONG] Plateau implementation

Patrice Rey patrice.rey at me.com
Sun Oct 31 18:19:34 PDT 2010

G'day Walter

I am trying to implement a model involving a plateau (2000 m thick continental flood basalt), but for some reason the plateau does not show up (I have tried both Gale 1.5 and 1.6).

I am using the following surfaceAdaptor (because of the symmetry I am implementing only half a plateau).

    <struct name="surfaceAdaptor">
      <param name="Type">SurfaceAdaptor</param>
      <param name="mesh">mesh-linear</param>
      <param name="sourceGenerator">linearMesh-generator</param>
      <param name="topsurfaceType">plateau</param>
      <param name="topX1">0</param>
      <param name="topX2">0</param>
      <param name="topX3">150000</param>
      <param name="topX4">156000</param>
      <param name="topHeight">2000</param>
    </struct>

This surfaceAdaptor should be filled with the following material (which covers the entire continental crust, but I understand this material should be clipped by the surfaceAdaptor).   For some reason this does not work.

	<struct name="AnomalyShape1">
      <param name="Type">Box</param>
      <param name="startX">minX</param>
      <param name="endX">maxX</param>
      <param name="startY">70000</param>
      <param name="endY">72000</param>
      <param name="startZ">minZ</param>
      <param name="endZ">maxZ</param>
	</struct>

Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong?

I have attached my input file.

Cheers

Patrice