[CIG-LONG] Gale densityField

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Wed Sep 29 20:07:28 PDT 2010

<Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au> wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> Your assumption is correct.
> Walter will correct me if I'm wrong, but I can try to explain how I
> understand the implementation.
>
> The discretisation between the swarm and the mesh is controlled by
> the type of the elements you will use for the mesh.

To go from the grid to the particles, then the type of element
determines how that interpolation happens.  To compute the
DensityField, though, you have to go from the particles to the grid.
This is more complicated.  There is a description of how this is done
at

  http://geodynamics.org/cig/community/workinggroups/long/workshops/gale-dev-mtg09/MoresiEtAl-MPM.pdf

There is no way to modify how this is done.

walter at geodynamics.org