[CIG-LONG] Sudden problem opening input BC file

Karen Paczkowski karen.paczkowski at yale.edu
Tue Apr 12 13:49:15 PDT 2011

Dear CIG,

The code I've attached runs fine for 6 timesteps, but then suddenly
crashes saying:

Bad filename for File1_Name.  Could not open vxRightConvergent

=
=
=
Error running Underworld (revision unknown) - Signal 11
"SIGSEGV' (Segmentation Fault).
This is probably caused by an illegal access of memory
We recommend running the code in a debugger to work out where the
problem is (e.g. 'gdb') and also to contact the developers.

I am confused by this error message since the .xml file reads and uses
this file (vxRightConvergent) in the previous 6 timesteps, but then
suddenly can't open it anymore.

The tarball I've attached has the .xml file and the 4 boundary
condition input files the .xml file calls.

Thank you,
Karen