[CIG-LONG] Installation of Gale

Duncan F Keppie KEPPIEDF at gov.ns.ca
Wed Feb 2 13:22:03 PST 2011

Hello CIG,

I've been running GALE on my laptop for awhile. Thank you for making this software available to the general community. I'm now considering installing it across several computers to enable slightly greater parallelism, but I'm completely new to this type of configuration. I'm wondering whether GALE parallelism presumes a cluster OS on which it has been compiled, or can application-level communication from multiple GALE installations be enabled in a networked environment without a cluster OS? Is there a description somewhere for installing GALE in this type of configuration, or is it simply a matter of compiling GALE with specific command-line switches that can be determined by inspecting the code? My apologies if I have missed the documentation and answers to these questions on the mail archive or user manual.

Thank you and regards,
Fraser Keppie