[CIG-LONG] Model with gravity

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Fri Oct 14 13:34:10 PDT 2011

Hi Tariq,

I am copying this to the list in case anyone else has similar issues.

I am attaching an input file that sort of works.  I made it by modifying
the yielding.xml cookbook.  It has a low viscosity "air" layer in the
parts that are not the brittle or viscous layer.  The brittle and
viscous layers are built with polygons, so if you want to change their
shape, it is relatively easy to do so.  I am also attaching a copy of
the run at the beginning and after a few time steps.

This version works with Gale 1.6.1.  So if you run it for a while you
will find problems with compressibility.  I will be coming out with a
new version in a week or so that will fix that, but in the meantime,
you can see if this is the kind of geometry you want.