[CIG-LONG] ductile

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Wed Apr 18 17:36:32 PDT 2012

Johnny Seales <johnny.seales at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help so far. I finally have a working model, and when
> viewing in paraview, I cannot manage to view the results as a solid
> space, but as dots. Is there a way to save
> stresses/velocities/displacement etc as fields instead of as linked
> to material particles?

When you open up the xdmf file, before you hit the green "Apply"
button, scroll down.  There will be a section labeled "Blocks".  In
that section will be checkboxes in front of the items

  FEM_Grid_v_mesh
  FEM_Grid_p_mesh
  materialSwarm_proc_0

Uncheck materialSwarm_proc_0 and FEM_Grid_p_mesh.  Now press the green
"Apply" button, and you will be able to view velocities and strain
rates as fields.

To see stresses as a field and not just on the particles, you need to
include the StressField component.

        "StressField":
        {
            "Type": "StressField",
            "StrainRateField": "StrainRateField",
            "Context": "context",
            "ConstitutiveMatrix": "constitutiveMatrix",
            "Swarm": "picIntegrationPoints",
            "Mesh": "v-mesh"
        }

and add "StressField" to the list "FieldVariablesToCheckpoint".