[CIG-LONG] Upper mantle dynamics and topography session at EGU 20

Thorsten Becker thorstinski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 11:07:29 PST 2012

Dear colleagues,

What's better than AGU being almost over?

Thinking about submitting an abstract for yet another meeting!

Claudio Faccenna, Jeroen van Hunen, and myself would like to alert you to
what we hope will be an exciting special session on mantle-exosphere
interactions at the EGU meeting in Vienna, April 7-12, 2013,
http://www.egu2013.eu/ :

Topography linked to upper mantle dynamics and tectonics

We solicit contributions from all surface process and solid Earth disciplines
that address the interplay between erosion, tectonics, volcanism,
subduction, and small- to whole-mantle scale convection in shaping the
regional surface expression of geological activity. Studies linking upper
mantle processes with geological rate estimates (uplift/subsidence/exhumation)
and volcanism are particularly encouraged.

Our invited speakers are

Grace Shepard, University of Sydney
Ross Hartley, University of Cambridge

Please note that the abstract deadline is January 9, 2013.

http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2013/session/11673

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

We hope to see you in Vienna next year!

On behalf of the organizing team

Claudio Faccenna
Jeroen van Hunen
Thorsten Becker

--
Thorsten Becker  - University of Southern California, Los Angeles
http://geodynamics.usc.edu/~becker/