[CIG-LONG] defining the model bounding geometry

Matty Mookerjee matty.mookerjee at sonoma.edu
Tue Jan 31 10:34:42 PST 2012

Walter,

Could you help me define a three-dimensional polygons.  For instance, in the example that you sent me where you replaced the circle with an octagon using a polygon, can you simply extrude this polygon in the z-direction to get an approximate cylinder?   In my specific example, I would like to make a three-dimensional wedge.  It's easy to make that wedge shape in 2D, and all I want to do is to project that 2D shape into the z-direction.

Thanks for all the help.

Matty