[CIG-LONG] Install Gale 2.0.0 with Mumps on Ubuntu

nicolas riel a.nicolas.riel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 07:42:36 PST 2012

Hello all,
I still have some issues.

When I'm trying yo use the open MPI of Ubuntu I receive this error:

Can't open included file 'mpif.h'

Apparently this error is due to the Fortran compiler. I found this solution:

All fortran programs calling MPI_* need to include mpif.h,
Adding "-I /usr/include" fixes this.

However I do not know where to add this command to install PETSc with Open
MPI.

Is someone already succeed to install Gale 2.0.0 in parallel on Ubuntu ?
Could you give me the instructions to do so ?

Thank you,

Nicolas

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM, Walter Landry <walter at geodynamics.org>wrote:

> nicolas riel <a.nicolas.riel at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The command to configure PETSc
> >
> > ./config/configure.py --download-mumps --download-scalapack
> > --download-blacs --download-parmetis --download-openmpi --download-ml
> > --download-hypre --download-f-blas-lapack -PETSC_ARCH=ompi_mumps_opt
> > --with-64-bit-pointers --with-shared=0 --with-debugging=0
>
> Is there a reason you do not use Ubuntu's Open MPI package?  I think
> that would solve a lot of your problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Walter Landry

Nicolas RIEL
Doctorant / Phd student

Institut des Sciences de la Terre
(ISTerre-UMR CNRS/UJF 5275) Maison des Géosciences
1381, Rue de la Piscine
38400 - Saint Martin d'Hères

http://nicolas.riel.free.fr
Tél.   : 33.(0)4.76.51.40.57