[CIG-LONG] Isostasy in GALE

Robert Gray graywacke at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 11:05:52 PST 2012

Alright, thanks Walter, I'll stick to GALE for the isostasy models.

On another note, I've tried compiling the GALE source code on my macbook
pro (10.6.8) over the past two days with no success.
The problem has to do with PETSC.  Configuring PETSC is no problem, I can
run make test fine at the end of the process.

To Install PETSC I ran the following commands:

-export PETSC_DIR=$PWD
- ./config/configure.py --with-debugging=0 --with-shared=1
--with-cc=/usr/local/gfortran/bin/gcc
--with-fc=/usr/local/gfortran/bin/gfortran --download-f-blas-lapack-1
--download-mpich=1
-  make PETSC_DIR=/Users/robgray/petsc-3.0.0 PETSC_ARCH=darwin10.8.0-c-opt;
export PETSC_ARCH all
- make test

Everything installed fine.

In the the GALE folder in the home directory I ran:
-  ./configure.sh --petsc-dir=/Users/robgray/petsc-3.0.0
--petsc-arch=darwin10.8.0-c-opt --hdf5-dir=/Users/robgray/hdf5-1.8.8

only to get "Failed to locate required package PETSc."

I have no idea how to proceed.   I've attached the config.log file.  Any
help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Rob