[CIG-LONG] "strainWeakening" component in Gale

feng lin rimbong at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 10:00:37 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

I don't understand the "strainWeakening" component in the Gale.
I think the point at which the material starts to yield is calculated by
VonMesis or DruckerPrager yielding criteria in "yielding" component.
Then I couldn't understand what the "strainWeakening" component is used
for.

I got more confused when I read that:
*initialSofteningStrain* The strain at which the material starts to yield.
*finalSofteningStrain* The strain at which the material has fully yielded.
from the Gale manual.

anyone can help me out?

Thanks,

Feng Lin