[CIG-LONG] Problem regards to Gale modeling

feng lin rimbong at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 12:53:45 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have a question about Gale.

I am now modeling an extension problem.  (See picture attached). I found
that the strain will localized from random places at the boundary between
different material.
So I am trying to put a small perturbation(with a low viscosity) in the
center of lithosphere so that the perturbation will initiate strain
localization in the center of my model.
However the model is about 500km x 200km and I hope the perturbation body
is as small as possible.
So my question is: is it possible that I put a perturbation body which is
smaller than the element of the model?
In another word, when the size of the element in my model is about 1km x
1km , can I put a 100m x 100m perturbation body in the model to initiate a
localization?
In each element I put 40 markers.

Sincerely,
Feng Lin