[CIG-LONG] Gale 2.0.1 install problem with PETSc libraries

Walter Landry wlandry at caltech.edu
Fri Jan 25 10:43:22 PST 2013

feng lin <rimbong at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't install Valgrind, could it be the possible reason? -Feng
>
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM, feng lin <rimbong at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     yes, I think I have Petsc download and install the lapack by adding --download-f-blas-lapack=yes
>     and --download-scalapack=yes.
>     I don't know where is the problem

Valgrind is not the problem.  You need a version of Lapack that Gale
can link to directly.  Are you building this on a supercomputer or
your desktop/laptop?  If you are building on a supercomputer, then the
sysadmins should have a version of lapack already installed.  On your
own Linux machine, you can install it using your package manager.  The
package will be named something like lapack-dev or liblapack-dev.