[CIG-LONG] new install

Matty Mookerjee matty.mookerjee at sonoma.edu
Mon Jan 28 17:50:40 PST 2013

Walter,

Thank you for the prompt response.  I really appreciate your help.

That's good to know that Petsc 3.2 works with Gale.  Unfortunately, it is not present in Ubuntu's Software Center or Synaptic.  They only seem to support 3.1.  I did download the tarball from the Petsc site, but that just leaves me with the same problem that I had with version 3.0.  It installed and ran the test correctly, but Gale's configure.sh script does not recognize Petsc as being installed.  Am I missing a step where I need to link my new Petsc install with Gale?

Thanks again for your help.

Matty