[CIG-LONG] Gale 2.0.1 install problem with PETSc

Morgan, Frank Frank.Morgan at jhuapl.edu
Wed Jan 30 14:38:03 PST 2013

Feng Lin,

If those are fortran library errors as Walter suggested you'll need the
fortran library listed in LIBS and its path in LIBPATH (and maybe RPATH)

It should probably be the compiler you specified in your PETSc build.

In my case it was gfortran; I added 'gfortran' (AFTER flapack!!) and found
libgfortran.a at '/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.4', so added that to
LIBPATH.

My whole LIBS line is:
LIBS = ['petscsnes', 'petscksp', 'petscdm', 'petscmat', 'petscvec', 'petsc',
'hdf5', 'xml2', 'flapack', 'fblas', 'gfortran']

Frank