[CIG-LONG] problem about the basal boundary condition of velocity for sandbox shortening experiment

Walter Landry wlandry at caltech.edu
Wed Dec 10 10:59:43 PST 2014

f <zqwinsummer at sina.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anybody tell me how to set up the basal boundary condition of
> velocity for sandbox shortening experiment? In underworld, the meshes
> at the bottom distort badly (I have a screenshot in the mail
> attachment). How can I deal with this issue?

I vaguely remember using a similar boundary condition but with a reset
of the grid so that it was always vertical.  The problem is inherently
singular, so even with a direct solver the solution would sometimes
not converge.  I looked through the history and found an old copy of
an input file which I am attaching.  The grid reset configuration is
in the EulerDeform struct.