[CIG-MAGMA] CIG Magma Proposal approved

Marc Spiegelman mspieg at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Mar 26 09:54:23 PDT 2007

Hi All,
    just a quick note to let everyone know that the proposal for CIG to
begin development on magma dynamics has been approved by both the
Science Steering Committee and the Executive committee, so it's time to
get cracking.

At some point in the near future, I would like to have a brief
discussion with the working group (via e-mail or skype) to refine the
benchmarks a bit and set out clear tasks for developers.

I believe the initial benchmarks are reasonably clear and focus on
quantifying the quality of pressure solutions for existing Stoke's
solvers to understand how much can be reused for the magma problem.
After that we have several options and I would appreciate your input.

Hope to talk to you soon
cheers
marc

Marc Spiegelman
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory &
Dept. of Applied Physics/Applied Mathematics
Columbia University
SKYPE:   Tel: +1 (845) 363 4747
http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~mspieg