[CIG-MC] error message

Eh Tan tan2 at geodynamics.org
Wed Aug 16 13:56:40 PDT 2006

The error message says the # of processors requested by the input file
is different from the # of processors assigned by MPI.

The input.sample requires 4 processors to run, but mpirun only assigned
1 processor to it. Assuming you are using MPICH, you will need a
machinefile of 4 lines, each line containing the name (or ip address) of
the machine to run the job.

The correct syntax to run it is:
mpirun -np 4  -machinefile machinefile CitocmSRegional input.sample

Let me know if you have further question.

Eh