[CIG-MC] Running CitcomS Cookbook 9

Eh Tan tan2 at geodynamics.org
Mon Nov 12 09:04:32 PST 2007

Vlad Manea wrote:

>OK again: my fault because I did not read the manual:
>
>citcoms --coupled cookbook9.cfg
>

>It ran a while, but without output. I looked at stderr.txt and got this:
>

>[vlad at login-2-3 Cookbook9]$ tail stderr.txt
>    self.coupler.initialize(self)
>  File
>"/ibrixfs1/home/vlad/CitcomS-3.0.0/CitcomS/Coupler/EmbeddedCoupler.py",
>line 49, in initialize
>    Coupler.initialize(self, solver)
>    Coupler.initialize(self, solver)
>  File "/ibrixfs1/home/vlad/CitcomS-3.0.0/CitcomS/Coupler/Coupler.py",
>line 76, in initialize
>  File "/ibrixfs1/home/vlad/CitcomS-3.0.0/CitcomS/Coupler/Coupler.py",
>line 76, in initialize
>    from ExchangerLib import initConvertor
>    from ExchangerLib import initConvertor
>ImportError: No module named ExchangerLib
>ImportError: No module named ExchangerLib
>[vlad at login-2-3 Cookbook9]$
>

>Cheers,
>Vlad

Hi Vlad,

It seems you forgot to configure and install Exchanger. From Section 2.7
of the manaul:

This version of CitcomS is capable of solver coupling. Two or more
instances of CitcomS solvers can be coupled together to solve a problem
with different length and time scales. An external Exchanger package is
needed for solver coupling. You can download Exchanger at CIG’s
Exchanger web page
(http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/software/packages/cs/exchanger). After
you download and untar the package, you can configure and install
Exchanger using these commands:

$ cd Exchanger-1.0.0/
$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/cig
$ make
$ make install

By default, CitcomS will attempt to auto-detect your Exchanger
installation and will disable Exchanger support if it is not found. You
may specify the location of your Exchanger installation by setting the
PYTHONPATH environment variable to the appropriate installation prefix.

$ cd CitcomS-3.0.0/
$ export PYTHONPATH=$HOME/cig/lib/python-2.3/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
$ ./configure --with-exchanger

Cheers,

Eh