[CIG-MC] Re: geoid scaling in CitcomS-2.2.1

Eh Tan tan2 at geodynamics.org
Tue Oct 30 22:26:51 PDT 2007

Hi Shijie,

Actually, in CitcomS-2.2, dv/v and dp/p are 1.0 in the first iteration.
But for some reason, which I cannot recall, I chose to print dv/v=dp/p=0
for the first iteration. This is the code at line 242,
lib/Stokes_flow_Incomp.c:

fprintf(stderr,"AhatP (%03d) after %6.2f s v=%.3e div/v=%.3e "
                 "dv/v=%.3e and dp/p=%.3e for step %d\n",
                 count, CPU_time0()-time0,
sq_vdotv,E->monitor.incompressibility,
                 0.0, 0.0, E->monitor.solution_cycles);

The 2nd and 3rd last arguments are hard-coded as 0. So, Scott's output
is normal.

I agree with you that outputting dv/v=dp/p=1.0 for the first iteration
will make more sense. I will change the code soon.

Eh

PS: No need to feel sorry when cc'ing cig-mc. I think cig-mc mailing
list is a very appropriate place to discuss this issue. There are many
aspects of CitcomS that is not properly documented or covered in the
manual. Our public discussion can clarify things and may result in
additional documentation, which is beneficial to the user community.