[CIG-MC] CitcomS-3.0.1 installation problem on MacOSX10.5

Leif Strand leif at geodynamics.org
Wed Feb 6 12:12:45 PST 2008

Hi Magali,

For the original problem, I would have first tried removing "-arch ppc"
from PYTHON_LDFLAGS.  If that didn't work, I would try the following
work-around, which I found using Google:

sudo ln -s /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/crt1.o
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/crt1.10.5.o

 > -- I tried removing the MacOSX10.4u.sdk directory, reinstalled Python
 > 2.5 and then re-configured, but then I got an error during configuration:

 > configure: downloading missing Python dependencies
 > configure: error: cannot download missing Python dependencies

The "config.log" you sent indicates success, so I think it must be from
a different attempt.  As a wild guess, I suspect that it is now having
difficulty finding a "Cheetah" package which matches your new setup.
But send along the "config.log", and I'll be happy to take a look.

--Leif