[CIG-MC] CIG Release of ConMan2.0

Scott King sdk at vt.edu
Fri Sep 19 08:09:58 PDT 2008

Dear CIG Community,

I am pleased to announce the release of ConMan 2.0, a finite element
program for the solution of the equations of incompressible, infinite
Prandtl number convection in two dimensions, originally written by
Scott King, Arthur Raefsky and Brad Hager.

ConMan is a public domain program and is distributed free of charge to
anyone who wishes to use it and may be freely copied and modified (as
has always been the case).   ConMan is written in stanard Fortran 77
with cray pointers and runs on most Unix systems with many Fortran
compilers.   Porting it to other systems should be straightforward.
As with anything free it comes with no guarantees, but it has been
benchmarked against other existing codes and analytic solutions.

Depending on community feedback and availability of resources, we can
include more advanced features in a future release.

The source code and documentation for ConMan can be downloaded from:

http://geodynamics.org/cig/software/packages/mc/conman/

Cheers,

Scott King