[CIG-MC] Questions about CitcomS - internal heat

Eh Tan tan2 at geodynamics.org
Wed Sep 24 17:37:35 PDT 2008

Hi Benjun,

Internal heating is set by the parameter Q0. It is the internal heat
production rate per unit mass. In the mantle, the internal heating is
generated by the decay of radiogenic nuclei. We don't know the
concentration and distribution of the radiogenic nuclei in the mantle
very well, so Q0 is treated as a constant in CitcomS.

The typical value of Q0 is on the order of ~10. You will need to search
the literature and do a little calculation to find the value for your
model.

Urey ratio cannot be set. It is computed from the resultant heatflux of
the model.

Eh

--
Eh Tan