[CIG-MC] ssh and autocombine.py

Robert Moucha rmoucha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 11:07:32 PST 2009

Hi All,

Our cluster uses ssh instead of rsh. I followed the 3.1.1 manual instructions:

"If your Beowulf cluster uses ssh (rather than rsh) to access the
computation nodes, you must manually edit
visual/batchpaste.sh and replace ‘rsh’ with ‘ssh’ in the script."

However there is no batchpaste.sh in this directory.  I only have:

getcoord.sh  getlog.sh  getsurf.sh

I went into these and changed rsh to ssh, I also went into
batchcombine.py and changed it to ssh.

Now when I run autocombine.py I get logged into the first node on the
list and nothing happens. I type exit and I get an error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/moucha/software/cig/bin/pasteCitcomData.py", line 172, in ?
    run(datadir, datafile, fields, rank, step, save_dir)
  File "/home/moucha/software/cig/bin/pasteCitcomData.py", line 53, in run
    paste(datadir, datafile, fields, rank, step, f)
  File "/home/moucha/software/cig/bin/pasteCitcomData.py", line 68, in paste
    f = open_file(datadir, datafile, infix, rank, step)
  File "/home/moucha/software/cig/bin/pasteCitcomData.py", line 115,
in open_file
    f = open(filename, 'r')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/state/partition1/moucha2/citcoms/cookbook6.coord.0'

and I log into the next node on list,  this goes on and on through all
the nodes in my machine list.  By the way, the files do exist on these
nodes.

Thanks, again,

Rob
--
GEOTOP - Département des Sciences de la Terre et de l'Atmosphère
Université du Québec à Montréal