[CIG-MC] PBS batch configurations

Leif Strand leif at geodynamics.org
Tue Oct 27 13:44:14 PDT 2009

Hi Rob,

There is an example PBS file on this page:

http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/software/packages/cs/pythia/docs/batch

Based on the information you gave, your CitcomS.cfg file should look
like the following:

----------------------------------snip----------------------------------
[CitcomS]
scheduler = pbs

[CitcomS.launcher]
command = mpirun -np ${nodes} -hostfile ${PBS_NODEFILE}

[CitcomS.pbs]
ppn = 8  ; processors per node
----------------------------------snip----------------------------------

You can set the job name and walltime from the command line:

     citcoms --job.name=test --job.walltime=1*hour [...]

Or, from a .cfg file:

[CitcomS.job]
walltime = 1*hour
name = test

To debug the PBS settings, use "--scheduler.dry":

     citcoms --scheduler.dry

This will dump the script to the terminal, instead of actually
submitting it.

--Leif