[CIG-MC] CitcomS Legendre polynomial normalization

Shijie Zhong Shijie.Zhong at Colorado.Edu
Wed Mar 3 21:06:41 PST 2010

I do not have a reference for the recursion relationship used in CitcomS. I will
see whether I can find my original notes for this. The troubles with the standard
form and the code provided in Numerical Recipes were related to calculations of
factorials in the numerator and denominator -- for relatively large L, the
factorials would blow up even in double precision.

Shijie Zhong
Department of Physics
University of Colorado at Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309