[CIG-MC] problem with citcoms vtk output?

Dan Bower danb at gps.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 9 18:23:53 PST 2011

Hi all,

For a citcoms global run if nodex=nodey=nodez the vtk output seems to
be correct and the data looks good in paraview.

However, if nodex=nodey<>nodez there appears to be a problem.

Attached (jpg) is the output from one processor (proc 0) for a 129 x
129 x 65 mesh (per cap, global).  In this model
nprocx=nprocy=nprocz=2.

You can see that the mesh is clearly distorted and the output funky
when visualized using paraview.

The data itself is totally fine (independently checked using GMT).  I
wrote a python script to convert the standard output (*.velo.* files)
to vtk format and got the same problem (maybe not surprising, given
that I took the same coordinate mappings from the c code).

I poked around in Full_sphere_related.c (for the co-ordinate mappings)
and Output_vtk.c, but didn't see anything obvious.

Any pointers appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan