[CIG-MC] Viscosity change

Magali Billen mibillen at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 2 14:51:13 PST 2011

Hi Tannistha,
In what way would you like to change the viscosity. Do you want to put
in a region of fixed geometry
with a fixed viscosity? Or do you want to change the temperature
dependence?

The file to look is Viscosity_structures.c. This is split into options
depending on what type of viscosity
you want: layered, temperature-dependent, pressure-dependent yielding,
or stress-dependent (not well-tested,
would not recommend using this version).

There are also options that put in either a weak wedge of a weak
channel. The basic parameters for these
options are listed in Appendix A.1 in the user manual. I believe that
the weak wedge or weak channel options
were included for the work by Vlad Manea related to the attached
manuscript, so reading the explanation of
his model set-up might help you figure out how to use this option
together with reading the c-code.

-Magali