[CIG-MC] CitcomS Installation Problems

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Fri Mar 4 04:59:20 PST 2011

Cayman Unterborn <unterborn.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble installing CitcomS on my Macbook Pro. It seems
> it's having trouble with C compiler making executables. I've
> attached the log and any help would be greatly appreciated!

The configure script is picking up MPI from your Fink installation,
and that seems to be broken.  If you are not using Fink, then I would
recommend deleting it and trying again.  If you want to use Fink for
other programs, then I would recommend taking /sw/bin and /sw/sbin out
of your path.  So you could type

  export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
  ./configure

Cheers,
Walter Landry
walter at geodynamics.org