[CIG-MC] Quit due to maxT

Shijie Zhong shijie.zhong at Colorado.EDU
Tue Apr 3 11:36:10 PDT 2012

What it means is probably that your numerical resolution or rheology is inadequate such that your temperature goes crazy (assuming that it is not due to internal heating that increases the temperature). I would suggest that you increase resolution or reduce Ra.

Shijie

Shijie Zhong, Professor
Department of Physics
University of Colorado at Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309
Tel: 303-735-5095; Fax: 303-492-7935
Web: http://anquetil.colorado.edu/szhong
From: cig-mc-bounces at geodynamics.org [cig-mc-bounces at geodynamics.org] On Behalf Of Matt Weller [Matt.B.Weller at rice.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:27 AM
To: cig-mc at geodynamics.org
Subject: [CIG-MC] Quit due to maxT

Hello all,

We are running a set of runs varying yield stress properties in CitcomS 3.1.1.1 and have had the misfortune of receiving the following error:

                                                                                                              quit due to maxT = 1.5002e+00 sub_iteration1

In the interim, we have managed to work around this error by reducing the internal heating by ~ 1/2, but this is non-ideal when exploring a single parameter space.

How might it be possible to "fix" this maxT related exit so that we can continue the analysis without reducing internal heating?

Thanks,

~Matt

--
________________________________
________________________________

Matt B. Weller
Graduate Research Assistant
Keith-Weiss Geological Lab 232-B
Department of Earth Sciences
Rice University
6100 Main St. MS-126
Houston, TX 77005-1892

Matt.B.Weller at rice.edu<mailto:Matt.B.Weller at rice.edu>
weller at lpi.usra.edu<mailto:weller at lpi.usra.edu>

"No matter where you go - there you are"

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”

-Confucius