[CIG-MC] Dynamic topography in CitcomCU

Victor Sacek victorsacek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 03:19:34 PST 2012

Dear Mantle Convection Community

My name is Victor Sacek. I am a Post-Doc student in Geophysics in the
Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil.
I am very interested in using the CitcomCU software in my research.

I have one question about this software:
In the output file *.th_t.* related to the dynamic topography, is the first
column the non-dimensional surface traction?

Therefore, is it correct to say that to obtain the dynamic topography w, I
need to make the following calculation

(rho_m - rho_infill) g w = (visc_ref kappa0 S')/h0^2

where visc_ref is the reference viscosity, kappa0 the diffusivity, S' the
non-dimensional surface traction and h0 the characteristic length
(thickness of the fluid)?

Thank you for your attention

Victor Sacek