[CIG-MC] CitcomS Pyre Change

Eric Heien emheien at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jan 12 22:44:59 PST 2012

Hello everyone,

This is Eric Heien at the CIG office at UCDavis.  After discussing CitcomS development with Shijie Zhong and others at AGU in December, we've decided to make a minor change to CitcomS.

CitcomS currently uses the Pyre framework for simulation by default, but we are concerned this makes things more difficult for some users.  Therefore, we are planning to change CitcomS to configure and compile without Pyre by default - though users can turn it on if they desire.  Many advanced CitcomS users turn off Pyre support anyway so we think this won't affect many people.

Once we've made this change we are planning on releasing the next version of CitcomS (3.1.2 I believe).  If anyone has any changes they want to add before the next release, please do so soon.  We will post another message when we are about to release the next version (within a couple weeks).

Thank you,

-Eric