[CIG-MC] Installing CitcomS - Cygwin

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Thu May 31 07:52:46 PDT 2012

> I tried the unix2dos command but it did not seem to do anything:
>
> andder at BAS-306SCAN-D1 /cygdrive/c/CitcomS/src/CitcomS-3.2.0
> $ unix2dos configure
> unix2dos: Skipping binary file configure
>
> andder at BAS-306SCAN-D1 /cygdrive/c/CitcomS/src/CitcomS-3.2.0
> $ ./configure
> ./configure: line 18: $'\r': command not found
> ./configure: line 33: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
> '/configure: line 33: ` ;;

We have seen this issue before as well. I believe that the ./configure
autoconf generates has a mixture of \r and \n line endings and
consequently unix2dos refuses to touch the file. I looked around a bit
where these line endings may be coming from (configure.in, aclocal.m4,
...) but didn't find anything. I do not think we had a solution.

Best
  W.

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu