[CIG-MC] Removing Tracer Advection

scott tarlow scott_tarlow at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 1 14:01:34 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am looking to modify the of the files : Tracer_setup.c and Regional_tracer_advection.c (in CitcomS) in order to force the tracers to stay at their original positions instead of moving with the flow field.

My original approach was to find in the code where where the nodal velocities are pulled and then assigned to a tracer and set them to 0 instead of Vx,Vy,Vz respectably. This did not work, so my next solution was deleting Regional_tracer_advection.c from the lib file. This hasn't worked either.

If Regional_tracer_advection.c is on my desktop instead of the lib folder, CitcomS wont read it correct?

I'm not really sure where to go from here. Perhaps someone has a suggestion ?

Thank you for your time,

Scott Tarlow