[CIG-MC] CitcomCU/CitcomS/hc/Exchanger move to git

Dan Bower danb at gps.caltech.edu
Mon Oct 14 16:11:16 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Whilst on the topic of CitcomS and m4 files, since circa August 2011
the pyre version of CitcomS (to my knowledge) has not been compilable
from the repo due to a change that was made by the pylith team.
Searching through e-mails, I found the following from a colleague:

 "The m4/cit_python.m4 file has been recently changed by the pylith
team to fix a bug in merlin. The change basically disabled the
automatic download of pythia. If you have an older copies of CitcomS
sitting around, you can copy the old m4/cit_python.m4 to override the
new one and run "reconfigure" again."

Since this time we have therefore used a previous version of the file
by manually copying-and-replacing it when we compile CitcomS from
later repo versions.  I have attached the m4 file that works with
CitcomS to this e-mail for comparison.  I don't know if there is a way
to merge this back to the repo such that citcoms with pyre will
compile without breaking the modification that was necessary to fix
the pylith bug.

I think most groups use the C-version of CitcomS which is probably why
this issue hasn't been reported before.  But maybe with the switch to
git it makes sense to tidy up these outstanding issues, particularly
since new users will be oblivious to the problem.

Cheers,

Dan