[CIG-MC] answers to questions….

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Mon Feb 3 16:06:36 PST 2014

Scott, Eric & all:

I've addressed a couple of minor points in the google document. Since Scott
brought this one issue up, I thought I'd comment:

> /1.)  Q: Geoid/Topography kernels, do we need to implement them in Aspect?/
>
> It would be unfortunate if Aspect can not do these

This will certainly be possible. I'll have to read through the details but I
see no fundamental problem: in Aspect, one would do this as a postprocessor
that simply evaluates the solution. The tricky parts I can foresee is to solve
for the individual modes of the gravitational potential. Essentially it just
comes down to work, not magic.

Best
  W.

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu