[CIG-MC] several questions about citcoms

姜辉 jianghui at mail.iggcas.ac.cn
Wed Jun 4 18:50:18 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I have some problems when running CitcomS

1.Does this programme can run more than one *.cfg files in the same time? It is said in the manual that "one or more configuration files and command line options may be specified on the command line: $ citcoms a.cfg b.cfg --foo.bar=baz", but it is also said "If more than one configuration files are given on the command line, the later one overrides the former one". So does that mean it only can run one *.cfg file? I've tested to run two or more files using $citcoms a.cfg b.cfg c.cfg ... h.cfg, but it didn't work, only the last one be calculated. Besides, what does the "--foo.bar=baz" mean?

If there's some command that could run more than one files, what is it and how to use it ? When the files are in different folders and also I want to save the results in seperate foldes which the *.cfg files in, how could I do?

2.The default result type is ascii, which could be visulized in OpenDX. If I want to see the result in other tools, like paraview, then the output_format needs to be vtk. So how to get different types results in the same time, not by running the same file twice or more? or if there's any command or software to convert ascii to vtk/vtk to ascii?

3.the last one is about the command "autocombine.py". After run the file, I got the ascii results and I need to use autocombine.py to generate cap files, so that the results can be seen in Opendx. but it always show error like this:TypeError: writelines() argument must be a sequence of strings. I don't konw why? When I run the examples in cookbooks and using autobombine, it worked well. But my own files, it didn't work and showed the error above. Maybe the *.cfg file I wrote is not correct or other fault? The cfg file I run and the errorinfo are pasted in attachement.

Thanks for your time,  and with deep respect.

Best wishes.

Jiang Hui