[CIG-MC] CitcomS, generating grd input file

Hammond, Noah noah_hammond at brown.edu
Wed Jun 18 14:55:32 PDT 2014

Thank you.

Can the ASCII file have 4 columns, (lat, lon, radius, temperature)? I am
also required to install HC, is that right?

On a related note, the manual states that Mike Gurnis added the capability
for CitcomS to use geographically dependent surface temperature boundary
conditions. Can you explain how these conditions are implemented using grd
files? Earlier you mentioned that geographically dependent basal heat flow
boundary conditions are not possibly with this version of the code, but
could a similar approach (using grd files) be used to implement a spatially
dependent heat flux at the base?

Thanks once more for your help!