[CIG-MC] citcoms 3.2 install problems

姜辉 jianghui at mail.iggcas.ac.cn
Tue May 20 02:44:09 PDT 2014

Hello Rajesh
I'v operated as you suggested, first type"echo $PATH" in the terminal, and it shows the following message:
ruby at ruby-Precision-M4700:~/Documents$ echo $PATH
/home/ruby/.pythonbrew/bin:/home/ruby/.pythonbrew/pythons/Python-2.4.6/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

There's no Citcoms path in it. The path I installed Citcoms is :/home/ruby/Documents/Citcoms3.2? why?

Then, I add "export PATH=/home/ruby/Documents/Citcoms3.2/bin" to the end of ~/.bashrc file. and save.
and type "echo PATH" again, it only shows the citcoms path, wihtout any paths showed above.
Is this the problem?

and after change the /.bashrc file, I run "citcoms cookbook1.cfg" in the terminal at the cookbook1 path, it also showed error as following:
ruby at ruby-Precision-M4700:~/Downloads/CitcomS-3.2.0/examples/Cookbook1$ citcoms cookbook1.cfg
execvp("mpirun"): [Errno 2] No such file or directory
/home/ruby/Documents/Citcoms3.2/bin/pycitcoms: mpirun: exit 127
/home/ruby/Documents/Citcoms3.2/bin/citcoms: /home/ruby/Documents/Citcoms3.2/bin/pycitcoms: exit 1

the mpi can't run. Not only mpi, but also other command, such as "ls", "vi" and so on, it says the command is in the /usr/bin or other, the path
is not in the environment.

How could I solve this problem? Thank you for your further help.
Jiang hui