[CIG-MC] Problems with tracer and composition output in CitcomS

Shijie Zhong shijie.zhong at colorado.edu
Tue Aug 8 21:02:27 PDT 2017

It looks like that the compositional field defined for tracers did not get projected to elements and nodes properly. I suspect that the trouble may have been caused by your switching the sequence of those two functions or subroutines. Can you not switch the sequence, at least as a test, to see whether tracer’s C, nodal C and elemental C are consistent? I suspect that everything would be ok, if you do not switch the sequence. In this case, you can think about defining T earlier somehow without switching the sequence.

As in any code, switching the sequence of subroutines can be tricky, and may mess up the logic and flow.

Also, about CitcomS at CIG, I would recommend version 3.1.1 if you would like to run simple benchmarks.

Good luck.

Shijie Zhong, Professor
Department of Physics
University of Colorado at Boulder