[CIG-MC] ask about the geoid output of CitcomS

Thorsten Becker twb at ig.utexas.edu
Wed May 3 18:55:46 PDT 2017

here's one of my scripts to plot the geoid and do a bunch more stuff, it
uses tools from shansyn <https://github.com/thwbecker/shansyn> but the
point is that the geoid format of citcom is straightforward and reading the
manual and source should give you all the info needed for the conversion,
else see what i do using the abconvert program of shansyn.

there are a number of ways to read in tomography models for circulation
computations, i use the ggrd extension, which can read in GMT/Netcdf grid
files, see the source code for how to do so, there are comments, but i
don't think this is documented in the manual yet.

Thorsten Becker - UTIG & DGS, JSG, UT Austin
<http://www-udc.ig.utexas.edu/external/becker/>