[CIG-MC] Segmentation fault - docker image - Mac

Rene Gassmoeller rene.gassmoeller at mailbox.org
Sat Mar 3 17:07:40 PST 2018

Hi Diego,

sorry for the late reply. I created the docker image, but I did not test
it on Mac recently (though I think I tested it when I created it, not
sure though). To make sure it is not your model setup or the read only
folder that you mount, could you try running one of the cookbooks that
are included in the container (e.g. cookbooks/convection-box.prm) and
see if that works? If it does not work we need to look for reasons why a
docker image would run on linux, but not on Mac.

Best,

Rene

On 02/22/2018 02:00 PM, Diego Fernando Usma Aristizabal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem with the aspect docker image, after i try to run
> a model  i get a segmentation fault error. I’m running in a mac laptop
> with the next specifications:
>
> -os x high sierra
> -8 gb ram
> -1,8 GHz Intel Core i5
> -1600 MHz DDR3
>
> I hope anybody can help me.
>
> Thanks for your atention,
>
> Diego Usma,
>
> Work flow and error:
>
> MacBook-Air-de-Diego:~ diegousma$ cd dealii/
> MacBook-Air-de-Diego:dealii diegousma$ cd aspect/
> MacBook-Air-de-Diego:aspect diegousma$ cd model_input/
> MacBook-Air-de-Diego:model_input diegousma$ docker run -it -v
> "$(pwd):/$HOME/dealii/aspect/model_input:ro" \
> > gassmoeller/aspect:latest bash
> dealii at 1db9d807a3cc:~/aspect$ ./aspect model_input/convection-box.prm
> Segmentation fault
> dealii at 1db9d807a3cc:~/aspect$

Rene Gassmoeller
http://www.math.colostate.edu/~gassmoel/