[CIG-SEISMO] Mineos package regardings--------------

Leif Strand leif at geodynamics.org
Thu Mar 22 12:32:36 PDT 2007

I have tested Mineos under the Cygwin environment for Windows:

    http://www.cygwin.com/

To build Mineos using the source package (mineos-1.0.0.tar.gz) you will
need the development tools 'make', 'gcc', and 'g77'. These tools are
included in the following Cygwin "Devel" packages:

    gcc
    gcc-g77
    make

You may select these packages for installation in the "Cygwin Setup -
Select Packages" dialog box. See Chapter 2 of the Cygwin User's Guide:

    http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html

Once you have Cygwin installed with all the necessary packages, you can
install Mineos just as you would under Unix, as documented in the Mineos
User Manual:

http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/software/packages/seismo/mineos/mineos.pdf

Some of the .asc and .sac files in the DEMO.tar.gz archive have colons
(':') in their filenames, so you will have to perform some trickery to
unpack this archive on Windows without errors:

    tar --transform=s/:/-/g -xvzf DEMO.tar.gz

Note that these .asc and .sac files aren't necessary for running the code.

--
Leif Strand
Software Engineer