[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D Globe Intel compiler warnings

Thorsten Becker twb at usc.edu
Mon Apr 7 07:48:02 PDT 2008

Hello,

Compiling the SVN version of SPECFEM3D_Globe using

> ifort --version
ifort (IFORT) 9.1 20060323

I get a lot of misalignment warnings like so:

fortcom: Warning: create_regions_mesh.f90, line 80: The structure length
is not a multiple of its largest element; could create misalignments
 for arrays of this type.   [ANISO_MANTLE_MODEL_VARIABLES]
  type aniso_mantle_model_variables
-------^
fortcom: Warning: create_regions_mesh.f90, line 91: The structure length
is not a multiple of its largest element; could create misalignments
 for arrays of this type.   [ATTENUATION_MODEL_VARIABLES]
  type attenuation_model_variables
-------^
fortcom: Warning: create_regions_mesh.f90, line 255: The structure
contains one or more misaligned fields.   [SEA99_S_MODEL_VARIABLES]
  type sea99_s_model_variables
-------^

etc.

Should I worry about these? The last warning sounds serious, but I've
noticed that Intel is sometime overly concerned with other codes.

Thanks !

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Becker                   Department of Earth Sciences
University of Southern California                 213.740.8365