[CIG-SEISMO] Help

Dimitri Komatitsch dimitri.komatitsch at univ-pau.fr
Wed Mar 25 05:21:39 PDT 2009

Hello,

This is normal, there was a small bug in 5.2 regarding the amplitude of
the source, which I fixed in 5.2.2.

But the seismic wave equation we model is linear therefore this is no
big deal: if you multiply the source by a certain constant factor,
all the seismograms get multiplied by the same factor. Therefore you can
postprocess all your seismograms to fix the problem if you want.

Best regards,

Dimitri Komatitsch.

xhl2007 at mail.ustc.edu.cn wrote:
> Dear sir.
>       I calculate some 2D case using the SEM program. I find that version 5.2.2
> and 5.2 is different. The former has a larger amplitude. why?
>       Thank you.

Dimitri Komatitsch - dimitri.komatitsch aT univ-pau.fr
Professor, University of Pau, Institut universitaire de France,
CNRS and INRIA Magique3D, France   http://www.univ-pau.fr/~dkomati1