[CIG-SEISMO] gfortran or ifort?

胡元鑫 huanduh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 08:34:12 PDT 2010

Hello,
Because the gfortran was bound to MPICH2 of cluster in National High
Performence Computing Center (XI'an), China, I must use "./configure
FC=gfortran MPIFC=mpif90" instead of "./configure FC=ifort MPIFC=mpif90".
The former passed and created files normally, but the latter got error. The
systems administrator told me that they would not change the fortran
compiler bound to MPICH2. For that reason, I must use gfortran to compile
the SPECFEM3D_SESAME codes. I got some information via Google that the code
that works correctly under ifort might behave differently when compiled
under a different compiler. Are the computed results different when codes
will be compiled under gfortran?
Best regards,
Hu yuanxin