[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM2D-6.0.0 MPI compile errors using openmpi

Dimitri Komatitsch dimitri.komatitsch at univ-pau.fr
Sun Oct 10 08:45:05 PDT 2010

Thank you. We could decide to add them to the default Makefile
(i.e. to flags.guess) but I think it is better not to use them and fix
the warnings (i.e. fold the lines in the source code) instead to make
sure we fully comply with the F90 standard;

otherwise the same problems (truncated lines) could occur on other
machines with other compilers (NAG, Portland...) in the future.

Dimitri.

On 10/08/2010 06:27 PM, Walter Landry wrote:
> Dimitri Komatitsch<dimitri.komatitsch at univ-pau.fr>  wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, 132 is part of one of the old Fortran standards (Fortran77 has a
>> 72-character limit, extended to 132 in Fortran90 or Fortran95 I guess).
>> Most compilers do not implement it by default, but GNU gfortran does
>> (rightfully so according to the standard...).
>
> There are options to gfortran to accept longer lines
>
>    -ffixed-line-length-none
>    -ffree-line-length-none
>
> Cheers,
> Walter Landry
> walter at geodynamics.org

Dimitri Komatitsch - dimitri.komatitsch aT univ-pau.fr
Professor, University of Pau, Institut universitaire de France,
CNRS and INRIA Magique3D, France   http://www.univ-pau.fr/~dkomati1