[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D install

saleem iqbal saleem_iqbal_pk at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 01:39:23 PDT 2011

Dear Sir I am Saleem Iqbal from Pakistan. I downloaded the SPECFEM3D from your website. Thanks alot for making it freely available at your site. I tried to install the software on a system with ifort and mpif90 compilers but failed the following is displayed when i try to configure[root at localhost SPECFEM3D]# ./configure FC=ifort MPIFC=mpif90checking whether the Fortran compiler works... yeschecking for Fortran compiler default output file name... a.outchecking for suffix of executables... checking whether we are cross compiling... nochecking for suffix of object files... ochecking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... nochecking whether ifort accepts -g... yesconfigure: running /bin/sh flags.guesschecking how to get verbose linking output from ifort... -vchecking for Fortran libraries of ifort...  -L/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.2.137/compiler/lib/ia32 -L/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.2.137/mkl/lib/ia32
 -L/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.2.137/compiler/lib/ia32/ -L/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.2.137/mkl/lib/ia32/ -L/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.1/ -L/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.1/../../../ -L/lib/ -L/usr/lib -lifport -lifcore -limf -lsvml -lm -lipgo -lirc -lirc_s -ldlchecking for gcc... gccchecking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yeschecking whether gcc accepts -g... yeschecking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none neededchecking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... nonechecking for Fortran name-mangling scheme... lower case, underscore, no extra underscorechecking for Fortran flag to compile .f90 files... nonechecking for Fortran flag needed to accept free-form source... nonechecking for gcc... (cached) gccchecking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yeschecking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yeschecking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none neededchecking for scotchfarchinit  in
 -lscotch... nochecking whether Scotch is usable... no, using bundled scotch insteadchecking for flex... flexchecking lex output file root... lex.yychecking lex library... none neededchecking whether yytext is a pointer... nochecking for bison... bison -ychecking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuchecking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuchecking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... nochecking whether pthreads work without any flags... nochecking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... nochecking whether pthreads work with -kthread... nochecking for the pthreads library -llthread... nochecking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yeschecking for joinable pthread attribute... PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLEchecking if more special flags are required for pthreads... nopthread foundchecking whether mpif.h works... noconfigure: error: in `/root/Desktop/SPECFEM3D':configure: error: cannot compile a trivial MPI program using mpif90See `config.log' for more
 details[root at localhost SPECFEM3D]#
Kindly help me out. An error file is also attached.Hoping for a positive response.Regards Saleem Iqbal
We explore the hidden treasures of the Earth.