[CIG-SEISMO] A problem about running SPECFEM3D_GLOBE used 1 chunk

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Nov 23 06:23:20 PST 2011

Dear Jenny,

I ran your Par_file and did not notice any problem on our cluster
(the code remained stable).

Please make sure you use the latest version of the code from
http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/software/specfem3d-globe , and then redo
the "configure", "make clean" and "make all" steps.

On 11/10/2011 03:44 PM, Jenny Yan wrote:
>   Hello there,
>   I am a student from China. These days I have used SPECFEM3D_GLOBE with
> 6 chunks to do some calculations, it works ok.
>   But when I tried to use SPECFEM3D_GLOBE with 1 chuck, the software
> failed, always tell me  the wrong message like this:" mpirun noticed
> that process rank 9 with PID 30291 on node node0008 exited on signal 11
> (Segmentation fault)."  Of course, I am sure that the epicenter is in
> the calculation domain and ABSORBING_CONDITIONS  = .true.
>
> Because I thought there may be no problem on parallel system, because I
> just changed some parameters in the Par_file (please see in attach ), so
> I carefully checked the Par_file according to Chapter 5 of the User
> manual, but I can't find what's wrong.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jenny

Dimitri Komatitsch - komatitsch aT lma.cnrs-mrs.fr