[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D source and time problems

Gula Aleksey alekseygula at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 02:30:57 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have redefined source time function in comp_source_time_function.f90 by

  ! test modification for source time function
        f = 32 !Hz
        comp_source_time_function =
-exp(-(2.0d0*f*(t-0.064d0))**2)*cos(2.0d0*PI*f*(t-0.064d0))

  end function comp_source_time_function

Made half duration = 0.0  in CMTSOLUTION. (point source how I understand)
I have looked at plot_source_time_function.txt and it works probably
correctly.

I don't usderstand what discretization in my seismograms, so i think my t0
doesn't match with the real t0, therefore
in seismograms I have time shift.

What meaning in time step parameters in Par_file, if I set DT = 0.0001
and NSTEP
= 10000, I will have length of
seismograms recording equale 1 second, is it right?